Magnetic Card Scanners

RWKOA

Beta member
Can anyone help me with this situation,

I curuntly have two magnetic card readers at a work station where i can scan 90% of the cards
That we carrier. To clear things up what im scanning is gift cards and the reason we scan them
is to block and replace the cards in the case that they are lost or stolen, however some are encrypted
and some arnt so i have one card reader that is programmed to read just the account number on the
second track and the other one set to offset and gather the encrypted number off of track two.
This has been working just fine however i want to get it so that i can scan all the cards off of just
one scanner, does anyone know how to do this or a way to do this. Please note that track1 contains
part of the gift card name.

Example:

So if i have a Starbucks card and swipe it so it shows everthing (all three tracks) it would look like
this,

Track1 xxxxxStarBuxxxx
Track2 Then the card Number
Track3 xxxxxxxx

So if i could have the option to write an If, Then Statement where if track1 contains "StarBu" then
Pull the Account number(or card number) this way.

Any help would be awesome and i appreciate the time you have spent on this!

Thanks!

What i was also wondering if there is something that i can plug the scanners into that i can then program that "box" before the computer actually recieves any input.

Back
Top Bottom