Mac Bootcamp Question

gk911turbo

Beta member
:confused:

I am in need of some help with Mac's bootcamp program. On their official site it says you need a windows xp disc with SP2 or later. I have an official Dell install disc that I got from their website with SP 1a on it and it will install perfectly fine onto my macbook pro.

My question is can I upgrade my windows xp home edition SP 1a to windows xp proffesional SP2 disc on my mac if I buy a copy of the upgrade from the windows website? Or will I have to buy a full version of windows nad not just the upgrade?

I'm a little confused because on the apple site it says you cannot install anything previous to SP2 when I did just that and if I can upgrade it being as it is a copy of windows from Dell. The people on the Microsoft help line do not want to help me and as soon as I tell them i got the copy of windows from dell.com and that it has their logo on it they immediately tell me I have to contact dell for help when they obviously did not make windows and it only has their logo on the install disc?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

All of the discs I have are official discs that have not been installed on anything prior to this.

Back
Top Bottom