Low budget Mid-range Gaming Build Parts

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I just finished a computer for my dad on a budget of 350$ for Internet/email/Work. I got all the parts at a microcenter near by and its been running good for a while. The PSU came with the case (Tight Budget, works just fine).

So at a summer camp I'm helping out at, a friend and me were talking about a few games and how he's crazy about Guild Wars etc. and he was in the market for a new computer. Now his budget is a bit better at 500$. Problem is my dad bought his monitor from him from a old computer. So I am having trouble getting together a Computer good for light gaming. I'm selling my 7600GT to him for around 20 bucks so Video card is unneeded.

This is what I have so far(Given the Microcenter has parts somewhat to this price/selection)
160GB HDD - $60 Cheapest thing they have at the store
Monitor - $140
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009136
Case with a 450 Watt PSU - $60
OEM Vista - $80
7600GT - 20

Total so far: $360

The motherboard/CPU/Ram Combo stuff I am having trouble with. I know well enough that a E1200 is bad. It's stuck in a combo deal with a mobo and a Gig of ram. What I need is a Mobo/CPU/RAM combo or whatever that is priced at $140.

Don't bother going to the Microcenter website as they just show items they are selling online, not in stores. Thank you for reading through that long post. If you know me, you expect long posts by now.

Thank you
Need WoW Now

are you going to buy everything at Microcenter?
isnt better to go online?

EDIT -
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3830753&CatId=333
MSI P6NGM-L Motherboard - Qty: 1
Intel Celeron DC E1200 1.60GHz OEM - Qty: 1
Crucial 1024MB DDR2 - Qty: 1
Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB Hard Drive - Qty: 1
Power Up Mid-T w/450-Watt PSU - Qty: 1
Price $190
then + the $240 (monitor, Grapphics card, Vista) Total = $430 without shipping and before MIR.

seemed like thats the only i found thats cheap. I could look into it more, but i am at school.

Well, I was going to get most of the stuff at Microcenter because it's in a 3.5% tax rate zone. But I forgot to check Tigerdirect.com. As well as shipping costs.

Thanks for that barebone kit link.

I just finished a computer for my dad on a budget of 350$ for Internet/email/Work. I got all the parts at a microcenter near by and its been running good for a while. The PSU came with the case (Tight Budget, works just fine).

So at a summer camp I'm helping out at, a friend and me were talking about a few games and how he's crazy about Guild Wars etc. and he was in the market for a new computer. Now his budget is a bit better at 500$. Problem is my dad bought his monitor from him from a old computer. So I am having trouble getting together a Computer good for light gaming. I'm selling my 7600GT to him for around 20 bucks so Video card is unneeded.

This is what I have so far(Given the Microcenter has parts somewhat to this price/selection)
160GB HDD - $60 Cheapest thing they have at the store
Monitor - $140
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009136
Case with a 450 Watt PSU - $60
OEM Vista - $80
7600GT - 20

Total so far: $360

The motherboard/CPU/Ram Combo stuff I am having trouble with. I know well enough that a E1200 is bad. It's stuck in a combo deal with a mobo and a Gig of ram. What I need is a Mobo/CPU/RAM combo or whatever that is priced at $140.

Don't bother going to the Microcenter website as they just show items they are selling online, not in stores. Thank you for reading through that long post. If you know me, you expect long posts by now.

Thank you
Need WoW Now

Edit: BTW, for those 3 people who just viewed this thread and didn't post anything, Have a good day. :)
That goes for all you other "Viewers" out there too.

for starters, this part of the post that you added in was totally unnecessary, why even add it...? not every one is willing to help or even can help, that's the nature of message boards...

now, this sounds like a pretty decent deal and would save your friend some money...

probably less than $400 shipped

add your $20 video card and a monitor and he's within his budget for a decent system...

lols the 8300 gs thats the first time ive seen that, get him a 8400 gs for like 25 $ and he has got a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom