Looking for a small netbook?

dominover1

Baseband Member
Hi
I'm looking for a small netbook, something like the Sony Vaio netbook mini. I've provided a link to on below.

Sony Vaio P Super Netbook Hands On | Gizmodo Australia

I want something of this size but it's hard to search for something that size on the internet as I keep getting full sized 8 inch netbooks rather than this half size foldup version. It needs to be small exactly like the Sony is.

I'm not touching the Sony unless I can get it for a good price. Too expensive, unfortunately Sony priced themselves out of the market on this one.

Any suggestions on the models available for this sized netbook?

Thanks

Does it have to run Windows?

Sounds to me like something like the galaxy note could be perfect for you with a keyboard case / stand.

Thanks.. This kind of does but a Galaxy is too expensive for what I'm after. Something for travelling ideally. A Galaxy in a backpack is too much to risk.
A small fold-up laptop is the best idea I think.

May want to do other things on it too. I wouldn't rule out Linux either. As I understand it Linux is very functional and probably allot more useful if I want to cram allot into a small notebook/pc etc.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

1 SONY VAIO VPC-P11SKX/PI Atom Z540 1.87GHz 2GB 128GB SSD 8.0" NETBOOK
$445.00 for that thing?

Yes, seen this one. As mentioned in my first post this is definitely way over priced for what it is. Like most sony products.

For that reason alone I'm steering right away from Sony.
Anyone know of any other models?

Thanks

I would suggest you look around on the net (some good deals out there)

000016_zps50c54380.png

What's your budget? Not many options if you're looking for that half-size frame.

I'd suggest looking at some Eee PCs if you don't mind straying away from your preference.

Okay buddy ! I am trying to help you with followings list with prices.
NetBook Prices
Asus Eee PC 1215B $450.
Sony VAIO VPC-YB15KX/S $600.
Acer Aspire One D260-1270 $399.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X120e $580.
I hope it's really help you to choose one best.

Hey Colon,, thanks for that.

I'll tell you what I'm chasing. It's not exactly a scale sized keyboard with a touch pad. I understand that with these half sized things I'll be sacrificing the touch pad / mouse pad /etc. The Sony Vaio is the only one of the size I'm after. I've seen them over the years but for some reason I am struggling to find one now. The Sony is stupidly overpriced so I'm not even going to consider them.

Budget Max $300. I know they're about, just not when I'm looking for them. I don't need bran new so that helps the cost a bit.

Back
Top Bottom