Logitch z-5500 Splitting the Control Pod Remote Cord

j_v_z

Baseband Member
Hey all, i have had some trouble getting a opperating z-5500 logitech system, soon i will ahve almost 2 1/2 complete sets, but only one control pod due to their warranty return policy (you have to send in the pod to get a replacement under warranty). Anyways, i was thinking last night if i have two subs (one doesnt fully work like it should, but beside the point) and i wanted to purchase some adapters and splitters do you think it would work to split the control unit cord and plug both subs into the same unit? If anyone knows anything about this i would be willing to pay for someone to assemble the wiring. Any help appreciated. thanks

Hey, since the power comes from the subs, this will be very hard to do... wouldn't you have to have 2 lots of power going to the subs, and in turn will only plug speakers into one?

Its a shame you've had so many problems though. I have only suffered the fuse going on the unit that came with it, and replaced it with the same fuse, and havent had a problem since.

What's it called when the speaker cone vibrates too much? I think that has happened to my center speaker...it vibrates a LOT when I'm blasting music, and it doesn't sound good at all.

You sure your not just having it on a really loud volume compared to the rest of the speakers? But yeah, that doesn't sound good.

i do love my z-5500's great bang for your buck for sure. but yes, i had a replacement sent to me, the replacement they sent had a blown sub. i then cut and removed the amp from the back of the new one and re-wired it into my old sub. worked msotly fine except one of the channels didnt work. i have to have everything working flawlessly when i get things, especially electronics so i sent in the control pod yet again. i will probably just keep the second set in new condition except for the control pod. hopefully i dont have any probs with this one!!!!
ps: if anyone needs a new amp for their sub i can sell you my old one.

Back
Top Bottom