logging out

george2

Daemon Poster
I have a dial-up connection and when i'm on the net and leave it for a couple of minutes it logs out. sometimes i get a box with two options to either get off or stay connected and in the box is a count down timer going from 30 seconds and when it reaches 0 i get logged off. this really s**ts me when i'm downloading something and it switches off my connection. i know this isn't spyware. i've tried looking through control panel but i don't know what i'm looking for. can someone please tell me how to switch it off.

Hmmm...

What ISP do you have?
When I use NetZero on my freebie acount it does that. It doesn't see any activity and it logs out. Same for downloads. It doesn't consider a download as activity. Best bet is to ask the ISP you're using for some help.

what is an ISP. i just want to know when i'm on the net how i can get that thing to go away and leave me alone. i spend alot of time logged on and i don't wanna have to log back on everytime i go to get something to eat or spend i bit of time waiting for a download. can i do anything on my computer to shut it off. I'm using IE6 if thats what u mean by ISP. thanx

Back
Top Bottom