List of Proposed Hardware

Avery4jc

Baseband Member
Input 4 Proposed Hardware List

Hey guys...new to these forums but I was hoping that everyone could give me some tips on my shopping list before I start buying...the computer will be used for work. A game or two may slip onto it but mostly Powerpoint, Video Editing, School, etc. I left off Ram for now because I'm not sure if I need DDR2 or not. I think I'll be ok with a gig of PC3200 DDR but lmk if you think I need DDR2 for what I'm doing and why. The Mother Board I have on the list now doesn't support DDR2 so I'd have to change that too. And yes I'll be running Dual monitors so that's why I choose that Video Card, remember gamers as hard as it may seem this will be used for work. Thanks!

Tower
Mother Board
Processor
Video Card
Sound Card
DVD Burner
Second Drive DVD Rom
Monitor (X 2)
Speakers
Processor Heatsink
Fan for Processor Heatsink

Any and all input would be appreciated as this will be my first ground up build.

-Avery

Little Bump to the top now that eveyone is on...not too many people on last night when I posted it.

I know that there are TONS of these types of posts and I know people on other sites get mad when too many of the same thing get posted but I really want to make sure I do this right, as I said above this is my first "ground-up" build. Thanx :)

Why are you going with a socket 478, they are old models. 775 are the newer ones.

<edit> DDR memory will be fine.

Looks good although i am thinking about that mobo you have their it might be better getting a 775 socket,

Any suggestions for the Mobo?

I'm open to anything that is just the list I put together myself. What Mobo has 775 socket and is reliable?

Compatibility wise does everything check out? I'll go with a different Mobo...I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the help, any other suggestions? Do the monitors and VC look ok for work?

Personnelly I'd get a Epox AMD socket 939 mobo, and get a AMD 3200. AMDs ARE SO MUCH BETTER THEN INTELS.

Dishdog said:
I like this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1194276&sku=G452-2502

I don't know if you only want to order off newegg or not, it's .com so it's still in the US.

It's a very good transition board. it has plenty of IDE ports and SATA. it supports both DDR and DDR2. it has intergraded audio and 2 LAN ports. it's PCI-e x16 for your graphics. it has PCI-Ex1 ports which will replace PCI ports in the future.

Thanks...I kind of like new egg, thats why all my links are on there....I'll check and see if new egg carries it but otherwise I don't mind ordering from somewhere else. That Mobo sounds like it will be able to support current hardware but won't need to be replaced when new hardware comes out, that's a big plus to me. I'll check into it.

Does everything else look OK?

Ya everything looks great. just switch th MOBO and CPU to socket 775 and everything will be A-OK

Back
Top Bottom