to liquid cool or not to liquid cool...

blind_reaper8

In Runtime
That is the question... part two is... do you guys tend to trust Club OC ?

my little setup is in my sig and the intel dual core runs hot... now i was thinking about getting the KINGWIN Aquastar AS-3000 my case is black so if i get it it will probably be made black one way or another... unless it looks good on the system as is... my question is... does anybody have this... or any thoughts on it? Club OC rated it quite well, should I trust their rating? i am trying to avoid hanging fans off the back as I move a lot.

Thoughts?

i would just get custom parts.

Dangerden TDX
Dangerden BIP2/BIX2 (depending on noise tolerance)
Swiftech MCP655 or 350
Dangerden Maze 4, or Swiftech MC-60 gpu block (optional)
Tygon 1/2" ID tubing
Resevoir (optional)
^that should be a very good watercooling system.

Water-cooling is a great way to have a cool yet silent system, and you'll probably appreciate the silence. :p However, every few months you're going to have to change out the water, refill it etc. So it really depends if you're responsible enough to tend to your water-cooling system or i'll just not do it's job.

If you decide to go water-cooling, the best way is custom parts. Go with what Ownage said, DangerDen and Swiftech is probably the best for water-cooling.

kinda like....FX-60 or not. qeustion is really whether or not you have the money. i trust crazypc.com for cooling products. i've also heard great things from people who use a heatercore from old cars for the radiator. all just opinion though..

heatercores are very good infact. You just need a shroud for them. With the BIX and BIP radiators, you dont need a shroud. And alvino, you dont need to change the water unless you drain your loop.

Back
Top Bottom