Linksys router and WinMx

zero4zero

Daemon Poster
I have a Linksys wireless router :rolleyes: model number WRT54G, and everything work fine except for WinMx.
I did the port forwarding for TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 and sometimes it works and sometimes not.
A can take a computer apart and rebuild it, I can troubleshoot hardware and software problems, but I am a newbie with routers.
Like I said, everything is fine except for uploading with WInMX.
Has anyone encountered this problem and found the solution?
Thanks

I don't know if this will help, but when you are first connecting to WinMX there are two options. One is make a primary connection, and the other is make a secondary connection. With all wireless connections you should choose secondary connection, that's what i do. Hope that helps, probably won't though.

you might need to turn the DMZ host on, go to Applications and Gaming, and then click on for the DMZ and give your computer an IP.....but be warned that this is going to open all your ports, as long as you're okay with that.

I found the solution myself and it is simple when you know it (but I searched quite a while).
All you have to do is use the port forwarding option that the router has so that you have the following settings:
Port Forwarding Port Triggering
6699 to 6699 6699 to 6699
6257 to 6257 6257 to 6257

Back
Top Bottom