Line out on sound cards?

Kage

Golden Master
I'm yet to test my new sound system on the X-fi yet (its not built for one thing), but since the Logitech set has its own dedicated volume control, is there a way to make Windows ignore the volume control the sound card has?
Like a line out?

I'll be using the standard green, etc connections.

The Logitech Z-5500 I have has a built in amp, and so its own sound volume controls for all channels.

The one in the sound card will most likely overpower it, since I won't know which levels to put it on for the best sound.

It'd be better if I could run through the sound card, but have the amp control the volume, like some audio players allow you to do.

The Logitech Z-5500 I have has a built in amp, and so its own sound volume controls for all channels.

The one in the sound card will most likely overpower it, since I won't know which levels to put it on for the best sound.

It'd be better if I could run through the sound card, but have the amp control the volume, like some audio players allow you to do.

Okay I gotcha now. You could probally just turn down all the settings offered by the X-fi and then adjust them with the Z-5500's remote. I think you'll just have to experiment with different settings until you find the ideal settings that sound the best overall. Tune up the amp with the speaker volume on the X-Fi low and work from there.

Yeah, thats basically what I did with my Sound Blaster Live. I'll give it a go, thanks :) I believe the S/dif digital outputs on the cards would provide line out, but not sure...

Anyhow, thanks for the help :)

The outputs on the soundcard should be 0db maximum, which is the ideal input for your speakers.

Back
Top Bottom