LED Screens with buttons etc..where the CD drives should go?

djdave711

Solid State Member
Ive been looking at some peoples cases and a few people have these cool looking parts in the top slot where your CD drives would normally go and they have an LED Screen and buttons & knobs that light up. What are these and where can i purchase them?

the one with knobs are a fan controller
the lcd screen is prolly a coolant controller for liquid cooling

nope. i got an LCD screen coming for my case. the knobs he's right about and the LCD screen although the lcd screen isnt only for liquid cooling. the screen im getting does:

-monitors all temps
-monitors fan speeds
-controls fan speeds
-shows time
-shows how long its been on

you can get these at any computer shop and tehy dont cost much either

how much u pay for it?

im looking for one to monitor temps (but also has the potential for lc)

This isn't exactly the same sort of thing but here goes

I've seen a screen fitted into a hole in a case, which acts as a secondary monitor showing the Media Player all the time, or showing visualisations.

For example, you could set it up to be playing a game on the main monitor, but yet on the little monitor on the case you could still have the desktop showing. I have seen this being done, yet I don't know how you could do it. Rather kewl though :p

TOWT said:
how much u pay for it?

im looking for one to monitor temps (but also has the potential for lc)

its like $30.00 at a local shop. its only a cheap one, im sure you could find much better. im pretty sure it's classified as a case mod

I spent 80 on mine, it holds my Raptor and cools it. I think its a big waste of money if you ask me. Since im giong to water cooling, and your fans have to connect to it for it to work and my fans dont.... Kinda sucks. It will also tell you when your fans get below a certain RPM might start beeping or what not. There cool but realy Wastefull to get. I dont even want mine no more.

really? because with the money i save from one of those i can get 2 cold cathode lights or save up another $20.00 and get 512mb OCZ value dual channel ram

Back
Top Bottom