Last post on this build I promise

Dragonsmight

Baseband Member
IMHO, you should cut back on one hard drive and spend another $50 for the GTX 295.

Take a look at these monitors. They are cheaper and offer the exact same specs, except these have a lower contrast ratio but a higher ASCR ratio.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052

This one even has a webcam built in.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236048

You even get free shipping. If you still want that second HDD, you can get one of these monitors and be able to upgrade to the GTX 295. I know it's not really needed. But why not spend a little more and feel better when you upgrade to a bigger/more monitor(s)?

While researching video cards I noticed a lot of benchmarking was done at 1920x1200. I noticed those two monitors had a max res of 1920x1080, is there a noticeable difference between these resolutions, if not I wouldn't mind saving some on the monitor.

While researching video cards I noticed a lot of benchmarking was done at 1920x1200. I noticed those two monitors had a max res of 1920x1080, is there a noticeable difference between these resolutions, if not I wouldn't mind saving some on the monitor.

With 1920x1080 on a monitor's resolution at 1920x1200 you won't fill up the whole screen.

Same exact build swapping the sapphire 4870 x2 for the EVGA 295 brings the price from $2219.72 to $2250.88 what do you guys think?

That's what I was saying in another thread. I haven't seen any benches that shows a 4870 X2 beating the GTX 295 @ 1900x1200.

By going with the MSI Platinum SLi motherboard, it has all you need and could save you some money over the EVGA.

And I'd probably go with a modular PSU, but if you think you can deal with that mess of cables...

Yea I was actually thinking of going with that board until I ran across this combo which knocks $45 off the price so I decided to stick with the EVGA.

Also the Corsair 750TX just seems like such a solid PSU but I have been researching a bit and it seems that it might be a stretch in my antec 1200 because it mounts on the bottom and the PSU is made to be mounted up top (I think) can you recommend another PSU?

Back
Top Bottom