Laptop to TV help.

Wolfsong442

Beta member
Okay. I need help. Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find my exact problem. Anyway.

I want to play an online computer game on my tv. I've researched it, and have seen that I need an s video cord. That's alright. My computer has a seven pin port for an s video cable and my tv doesn't have one at all. So, I looked up s video converter on google and found a little converter that slips onto the cable jack on the back of my tv. The only problem is, that converter is a four pin jack.

Is there an s video cord that has a four pin jack on one side and a seven pin jack on the other side so that I can buy that little converter and use it? I looked up seven pin s video converter, and couldn't find any that hook onto the cable jack in the back of the tv.

Also, what are the cords called that hook onto the tv and transmit the sound from the laptop to the television? How do they work?

Thanks for reading. I'm not exactly what you would call tech savvy, obviously.

Personally if your tv is too old to even have an s-video jack on it, it's going to look like crap anyways. I think a standard def CRT has a max resolution of 640x480 (although I had mind at 800x600 at one point, still looked like crap). For the effort you'll go through to get it working and be disappointed in the quality it's probably not worth bothering.

Onward to your question I suppose. I'm sure you can find something that supports your pins, you'll just have to look around. As for the sound you can pick up a cable that goes from the 1/8" headphone style jack on your computer to the rca (red and white) inputs of the television to get sound (although you may not have these either if you tv is really old. If you do have these look for an adapter from s-video to composite (yellow) video as it will give you a marginally clearer picture.

My TV only has a Cable jack on the back. That's it.

I found that the TV in the living room has a four pin S video jack that I can utilize when I need to.

Thanks for the help. I'm actually not too worried, since the converter and the cord together will likely only cost five bucks.

The only problem is, that converter is a four pin jack. I looked up seven pin s video converter, and couldn't find any that hook onto the cable jack in the back of the tv.

You don't need any converter. The extra three pins are for your composite adapter. You don't need any accessories. Just buy the S-Video cable.

If the little adaptor you want to buy is a 4 pin male(has pins) it will plug into a 7 pin female (recieves pins). 7 pin male will not plug into a 4 pin female however.

so your video car is a 7 pin female output which means if you buy a 4 pin cable you will be able to plug it into your video card.

Back
Top Bottom