Laptop troubles

KPhoenix

Solid State Member
I currently own a used toshiba laptop which I received with a shot harddrive and CD-ROM drive. I replaced the harddrive, and then the CD-ROM drive with one of the same model. BIOS didn't recognize the cd-rom drive, therefore not allowing me to install Windows XP. So then I bought an adapter for the laptop harddrive to connect into my desktop computer. This worked successfully, and I installed Windows XP on the harddrive. It worked great, so then I shut down, and took out the laptop harddrive, and put it into the laptop, just go get a Disk Read Error bullshit. There is nothing at all wrong with the harddrive, it works fine. What now, I'm screwed? I really don't want to give up on this because I have invested over $100 dollars in this and it would be really nice not to have that $100 and countless hours trying to fix this be tossed into the trash. Can someone tell me what could be wrong? Thanks.

Well, first of all, you can't install XP on one computer then take the hard drive to another computer and try to use it, it won't work.....

I guess I'm screwed then because this laptop has no functioning CD-ROM drive and it won't recognize a CD-ROM drive either.

Is the CD-R drive listed in BIOS by any chance?

EDIT- my bad, he stated it wasnt.

Try a different drive? Make sure all wires are connected tightly.

Back
Top Bottom