laptop sound system

alex_boothby

In Runtime
hey, ive got a laptop and ive got it in a remote part of my house so i want to use it as a Hi-fI, so wat i want is a good pair of speakers, so i was wandering wat speakers wud be the best to get as i only have the one jackport (the standerd one as wiv most computer) i dont want to buy a external sound card, so i was wondering which speakers i shud get (i want ones with like sub woofer and everything) please help !!!

thanks alex!!! if u want ne more info just say!!

A good 2.1 speaker system then would suffice.

Creative ones tend to be good, logitech speakers are also gaining in popularity. I'll have to do research on models and such

A 2.1 system would also only need one port so this is fine.

a 2.1 is a subwoofer and a left and right speaker, hence the .1. There are many good ones out there so at least you have a choice. Just look at reviews of some :)

rite thanks!! so is that the best option for my laptop if i dont want to buy ne other equipment??

Yep. You couldn't buy a 4.1 system for example, as you'd need another port.

a 2.1 system will do just fine though for a hi-fi replacement. Just make sure you get one that has good midrange/low range swap, clear sound, and the low range can get to around 20-45hz (20 is supposed to be as low as we can hear, though I haven't seen many subs capable of that)

hey mate dont bother with all theses special speakers. I just have any old pair that i think are gonna be small enough.

lol, yeh but its gota be a 'replacement hifi' sort of thing i wont be at the computer hardly ever. its just handy is ihave more music on my comp than i do in cds so i want a good pair of speakers!! i want it to sound good newer in the room if ya get wat i mean, lol

It's okay, this is what were here for.

Hmm... I haven't heard of that company either, and that info isn't very detailed. They've just called them Sexy to suggest that they are, and not the make hehe, there actaully HiPoint speakers, but i haven't heard of these either.
The wattages seem ample, but doesn't give you any ranges, or the quality of the speakers, though to provide a tweeter and a midrange unit on each speaker can't be too bad.

I've tried looking them up, and can't find any info

Back
Top Bottom