Laptop Problems!!

jalo215

Solid State Member
I recently went to turn on my DELL INSPIRON 5160 but it didn't turn on. I plugged it to charge it thinking that it was completely dead. I don't get a green LED light at all, its actually yellow and it doesn't stay on for long.

ANY IDEAS!!!

yea just take out the battery and leave it to rest for a while. theres serveral other reasons why it may be doing this: faulty charger, something inside has come loose, psu is fcuked, etc...

Are the battery contacts clean? Not sure if a hardware fault would also do this, so make sure everything is seated correctly ie the hdd and ram.

Checked everything Ithat I was told , still the same. I was thinking, could it be that the battery is completely dead?

it could be, but that wont stop the laptop from turning on, i can run mine completely without a battery, ive got a dell 1501, well something somewhere is thuroughly fukced up, i would imagine its the powersupply, and since you havent used it for a while the battery is dead as well, so its getting little to no power... thats my guess.. cause if it was something with the motherboard, the lights would flash in a pattern that you could look up as code and it would tell you whats wrong with the motherboard or with components inside the compueter

dnt know if dells work like this but my compaq laptop i can run on power supply without battery in it so try that to eliminate the battery as the problem

just disconnect battery and plug mains in

Back
Top Bottom