Laptop gaming

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Hey guys i'm looking at a new laptop for web design, college work, and a little bit of gaming. I was wondering how this laptop would run the following softwares and at what kind of level it could run these games at a good FPSs.

Office 2007
Adobe studio CS3
Crysis
Left 4 dead
gMod
WoW
Sims 3

Also how well do you guys think it would multi-task
http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5739G_Laptop__LX.PDR0X.049/version.asp#top

Thanks in advance btw

It should do pretty well. A 2.1GHz C2Dm is pretty fast. 4Gb of DDR3-1066 is nice. And the GT130 uses a 55nm G94 m-GPU so envision a slightly faster 9600GT on your lappy. I get ~40 frames in Crysis on ~medium with my 9600GT 512. The GT130 has up to 2Gb of dedicated using TurboCache (which I would advise against using) Try to stick with dedicated memory if possible. SATA-150 is a little disappointing, but ehh. SATA-300 would be ideal. It may not features a MCP that can handle SATAII (300) drives. Eitherway, it's a 5400RPM, so that's not too bad either.

And you know the rest, so I won't delve into detail. Overall, It seems pretty good. I'd also like to note that's a hell of a deal. A lappy like that would cost about 1,350-1500 in America. You'd be getting it for the equivalent of 1,000 USD.

;)

Thanks grant, it's the word on that graphic card that i was most looking forward to, but to think it'll be up there with a 9600gt certainly puts my mind at ease. And yea it is one heck of a deal i was sure something was up when i first saw it, but i've looked at one in store and the build quality was nice and it's got a numpad, some touch media controls, a nice screen and it feels sturdy. I'm fairly sure i'm going for it, i've just got to get some money together.

Back
Top Bottom