Laptop for College...

superman22x

Golden Master
I am leaving for college next year... one of the schools I am looking at gives me one of those tablet PCs, but the other two, I will need my own computer. I am bringing my desktop, but for engineering, I may need a computer in class sometimes right? So, I thought I would start checking out some lappys... What could I get for around $1000?

Sometimes the class with supply you a computer to work on during class. At least with my College they do, and sometimes they want you to use their computers because it already have all the requirements.

Yeah I'm not sure about what the classes at the schools you are looking at by at my college any class that requires a computer is located in a computer lab...But I am a business and Accounting major though so like I said I'm not positive about your school and classes...You might want to ask someone at the school to avoid buying one if you really don't need to...Unless of course you want one anyways..

I'll have to ask when I go to visit Michigan Tech what to do. I would rather save it and do what I can on my desktop really... $1000 won't help a whole lot in the expenses of college, but it will do some. I willl have to ask. But say they reccomend I get one. I don't really know much at all about laptops.
C2D still the best laptop processor?

Oh,quad would be cool, but I could get by on a dual for sure... I am going to MT in two weeks though, so I guess I will see what they say. A laptop would be cool, but if I don't have to, I guess I won't.

I second the recommendation on the Lenovo ThinkPad series. I will be starting school for computer science in March, and I just ordered myself a ThinkPad T500.

Back
Top Bottom