Laptop battery help

geargrinder65

Solid State Member
OK, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I'm running XP Pro on it, and I cant get it to keep charging the battery. I can go into the power settings and it will say that there is no batt. but if I slide the batt. out and then back in it will "see" it and start charging it for 2 or 3 min. then my batt. light goes out and it cant see the batt. any more. I toulk the batt. down to Batterys + and had them check it out for me, and they say it's in great shape. So now I'm lost, how do I get this thing to charge up all the way :confused:

it is probably a problem with where you plug the battery into the laptop. does it look like there is any damage to that area?

Thats what I thought as well, but I checked it out and I cant find anything wrong there. It all looks good, and the batt. looks good too.

It's definitely a hardware issue. Software wouldn't cause something like that. If you have a warranty, you need to get in touch with Tech Support and have them diagnose it. If not, take it to Best Buy or Circuit City.

Circuit City, they work on 'em?! :) I never knew that. I got this thing 2nd hand so no warenty, but it's good to have a place to start looking for the problem now. Thanks!

Geargrinder65 said:
Circuit City, they work on 'em?! :) I never knew that. I got this thing 2nd hand so no warenty, but it's good to have a place to start looking for the problem now. Thanks!

Yeah, they are called something differently than what Best Buy's Geek Squad is called....something catchy. But yes, they do have a place. ;)

Back
Top Bottom