Lag Issues

sbviper90

Solid State Member
I never use to get lag on my computer. I have a Dell XPS Inspiron Laptop. I know laptops are not good for gaming, but it was working fine until a month or two ago.

Specs:
Pentium 4 CPU 3.4 GHz
1 GB ram
ATI Radeon Mobility 9800
Windows XP Pro.
I Connect through a wireless but I use a cable, not the wireless connection.

I downloaded the Mobility Modder from Driver Heaven and got the up to date desktop driver for the 9800 video card. Dell does not offer an up to date laptop driver.

Are there any suggestions to what I can do to fix this. I use an older desktop also and it is a 1.6 AMD 64+ CPU, NVIDIA FX5200 128 Vid Card, with 768 RAM. I do not lag on that machine.

Did you try defragmenting? Make sure there aren't any nasty spyware/adware/viruses on your PC too by using an anti-virus and anti-spyware. Programs like Avast anti-virus and Ad-Aware have worked well for me, and are both free.

I can try that again, but I just deleted everything from my pc and reinstalled windows. I went from a 75% full hard drive to barley touched.

sounds like a virus
and r u running xp? or vista
cuz if its vista
u need another g of ram

No I am running XP Pro. I just f disked my computer. Shouldn't that clean everything off the hard drive and reinstall windows. Then I downloaded the drivers and installed all of the basics.

If he reformatted then there will be no virus slowing him down.

Have you ever considering dusting the heatsink? Just take a can of compressed air and spray it into the heatsink vent on the side of your laptop. Just don't turn the can upside down.

might be heat issues
but i doubt it for some reason....
mabey a bad stick of ram?

It's possible. I can't really think of anything now that he reformatted.

Back
Top Bottom