Kindly, help me with this upgrade

ahmedelbelbeisy

Beta member
Dear, Members
First of all, I would like to express my deep gratitude and appreciation of your help, my issue is as follows; I have a computer of the following specifications
Mother Board: Giagbyte-P31-DS3L
CPU: Intel Pentium D 950 (3.4 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, FSB 800)
RAM: Kingston, 4GB (1GB x 4), FSB 800
Power Supply: HTC, 350 watt
And, I newly upgraded my graphics card from XFX Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT (512 MB, DDR2) to Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 640 GT (2 GB, DDR3).
The problem is that I don't feel so much difference regarding my graphics, although the graphics card is compatible with my mother board and power supply, what could be the problem ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

I know I'm still a fresh member of the forums, am I posting about this issue in the wrong section or what, it has been over 28 hours since I posted with no single reply. I really appreciate your help.

The actual issue is that the performance of the graphics hasn't changed as I expected, for example when I try to play Need for speed the run it runs really slow even with a resolution of 800*600 and the lowest details, although the graphics assessment of the graphics card in the windows experience index is 7.1 !

Mother Board info:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-P31-DS3L (rev. 1.x)

CPU (launched in 1Q of 06)
ARK | Intel® Pentium® D Processor 950 (4M Cache, 3.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

PSU
Can't find anything on it.

You just can't go popping in a high end vid card in to a old low end system and expect miracles to happen.
The power supply is wimpy. The memory is slow. The FSB is slow. The CPU is from 2006.
Keep the vid card. Toss everything else and build a more modern system to park it in.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

And don't get impatient if you don't get answer right away. We do this for free and we have real lives.

First, I would like to thank you for your polite & professional reply, and second, do you suggest a special or a particular system configuration for me ? Thanks for your effort and I know that everyone here is busy.

Back
Top Bottom