kind of a stupid question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
but..
how important is it selecting a motherboard?
i know that things you can put are important, like RAM, PCI slots, Sata, etc.
but what about everything else?

EDIT -
didnt feel like posting another topic.
Can somebody find me some links for the benchmarks of the 8800GT, preferably (G92), or any benchmarks that has the 8800GT, not the GTS or GS.
i want some that also has reviews, and not just the pictures showing FPS.
sorry for being a bother.
but thanks.

If you're not overclocking, (are you?), as long as the board fits all your requirements for ports, compatibility etc, there is nothing else to look for. Maybe warranty and support.

If you are overclocking, then you have to read the reviews and ask around forums to see if it behaves properly.

I find the CPU, RAM and Motherboard the most important.
Get an Asus motherboard, they are pretty good and come with extra features like Noise Reduction, power saving, heat reduction/cooling and many other cool things.

I find the CPU, RAM and Motherboard the most important.
Get an Asus motherboard, they are pretty good and come with extra features like Noise Reduction, power saving, heat reduction/cooling and many other cool things.

the key words when selecting computer parts are...

REVIEWS and COMPATIBILTY...

there are usually many very good brands of each kind of product, the best thing to do when buying any new computer component is read reviews and check said reviews and the respective QVLs for compatibility, not only tech website reviews, but customer reviews as well...

that being said...

sometimes the difference between a good review and a bad review is compatibility, an example is motherboards and memory, you can have a very good motherboard and pair it up with some very good RAM and it may not be stable because they are just not compatible...

Back
Top Bottom