Keyboard Help (Labtop)

BU57a

Beta member
My "q" recently broke off from my labtop keyboard. my mom tried to get smart and she super glued the key back, and after finding out about its lack of functionality... i had pry the key off. now i have to copy/paste to get q's.

how would i go about fixing this, and if given to a store, how much would the reparations cost? is this of great importance, or can i ignore the problem for a month or 2?

wow........super glue......... anyways thats serious damage. unless you can get all the glue off you might have to get a new keyboard layout

Well, you will just have to get a new keyboard for it - have a look on ebay. Which laptop is it?

yea...... notice I didnt say new keyboard buddy. I said new layout. Witch would involve taking off the old keyboard as seen below

images

and then replacing the circuit sheet that the buttons hit to tell the computer to type that letter and then put new keys on and then charge you alot for labore.

King of Kings, your idea is just overcomplicating things. I don't understand your logic.

BU57a, I suggest you just got to the repair shop and ask them how much it would be. Can't hurt.

i think ill just get a new layout and go to the local repair shop. it's an ACER labtop for future references.

if the sensor like unit under the letter is ruined, that's replacable right? is it part of the keyboard layout too? i mean it wont affect the circuits underneath, right?

THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom