Keeping my new mx518 mouse new.

Devils6258

Baseband Member
I've read alot of different things about how long these things last and I'm really conserned because, I dont want to wear mine out any time soon. I've had it for 2 days and it already has a bunch of scratches on the feet. I attributed the scratches to my old mousepad which is kinda rough so I taped waxpaper on my desk and use that now. Is that bad for the mouse? I'm pretty anal when it comes to things like this, so any advice on how to keep my expensive mouse running like its supposed to for a long time would be much appreiciated :).

Thanks. Gotta start saving. Untill than will a regular mousepad that I could find for a few bucks at bestbuy be safe to use?

For the record I hate best buy with their jacked up prices but I refuse to play any games untill I have a real mousepad lol.

ok listen i have the mx-518 since like august last year and the mouse wheel is starting to not work but i think thats vista's fault. but its fine so far. i keep mine on the middle sensitivity level. dont worry about scratches man :p

honestly u dont need an expensive mouse pad, i have a Logitech G5, and i use a regular fabric pad, and rubber on the bottom, it seriously glide better than those expensive ones, also ive have my mouse for 1 year, and its in brand new condition, comparing to my friends copperhead razer which broke in 3 months and he uses the steelpad.

if there is a fry's electronics around ur area, just buy the mouse pad with their name on it, its like $5

Back
Top Bottom