Just swaped Laptops and HDDs

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
My laptop was taking a dump and my friend lent me his, i went from a HP pavilion to a Toshiba Satellite. Everything swapped well on the HDD except USB drivers not installing right on the Toshiba. All I did was took my HDD out of the HP and put it in the Toshiba since they were the same style HDD. Everything crossed over with a few little tweaks here and there but the only issue i cant get past is getting the USB ports to work, ive reinstalled the drivers 3 times and keep getting the error code 37 when i check the status of them.

They're not going to go in, for the same reason that you're supposed to reinstall the OS when you change motherboards, or when drivers get interrupted by a power failure w/e and the usb drivers get corrupted. They are base system devices and the drivers don't/won't transfer well/ at all.

i know the drivers from the old laptop wont transfer, i installed the drivers to this new laptop

Yeah, but the drivers from the original laptop will still be 'embedded' as it were. They are a base system device, so the drivers aren't removable by any other method than reinstalling. Trying to reinstall new base system drivers while old ones are still there will just result in errors. You can 'uninstall' the USB controller in computer management, but the driver that was originally there will still be stored in drivers.cab and will just be put back.

well i figured out the usb issue now im working on getting the integrated vga to work fully... but to get the usb to work i just located the old driver set up program and installed the new ones...

Back
Top Bottom