Just got a new laptop, trying to OC it with K10stat need some help.

glamisfanatic

Beta member
I just got the Asus k53ta which has an AMD A6 3400m APU, and dedicated gfx. It runs at 1.4ghz and I keep reading on best buy reviews that people have OC'd it using k10stat to 2.6 on the P0 state and 3.0 on the B0 state with undervolting. I downloaded K10stat and am having a hard time figuring out how to OC this thing. I plan on OCing the graphics card with MSI afterburner...Can someone walk me through this or just explain what to do a little. I greatly appreciate it Thank you.

There isn't a dedicated graphics, it's integrated onto the CPU die.

Also, don't bother trying to overclock a laptop. Seriously, it's not what it's designed for. You're going to get very small gains, if any, and it will rape your battery life, which is the whole reason you got a laptop in the first place, no? Not to mention, you're going to have to OC it through software, which is never a very good solution. That's just my opinion, but I'm certainly not the only person with that opinion. I've never even heard of K10stat though.

I agree with Gibson, Leave it at stock. You'll reduce battery life and increase heat production, which is the last thing laptops need.

I already have my mind set on ocing this a little, ive seen pretty good gains from this same system and its gpu oc'd a little. Its replacing my previous gaming rig and with a few tweaks it should be faster. I have 8gb of ram on the way also(newegg had a nice sale) and i plan on getting a 7200rpm hdd. I really have no issue with little battery life. I dont plan on taking this to starbucks. Just wanted some tips on K10Stat if anyone has had any experience with it... Just by playing around I figured out how it works, just need to find the right clock speed and voltage settings

I already have my mind set on ocing this a little, ive seen pretty good gains from this same system and its gpu oc'd a little. Its replacing my previous gaming rig and with a few tweaks it should be faster. I have 8gb of ram on the way also(newegg had a nice sale) and i plan on getting a 7200rpm hdd. I really have no issue with little battery life. I dont plan on taking this to starbucks. Just wanted some tips on K10Stat if anyone has had any experience with it... Just by playing around I figured out how it works, just need to find the right clock speed and voltage settings

Not to be a downer, but you're probably never going to use more than 3GB, even with gaming. Also, be very careful. Most laptop heatsinks and what not are designed to be just enough for stock settings, so there most likely won't be much headroom.

Back
Top Bottom