ive lost all my music:O

dude_se

Proper Legend
my laptop was a bit messed up, so i formatted. all is well now except ive lost vista and another drive full of music. i only have my c drive where as i have a v and a z drive before. i dont care about vista but is there anyway i can get back all my music on the other partition? i heard about a good recovery program on here before but forgot the name :(

on my desktop it just erases the c drive. this erased all the partitions :( .. im running some free program now but any suggestions would be great. luckily all my work and films i sent over my network so they are safe

You have definately done something you shouldnt have, if you had just formatted the OS partition then the others would be in tact, regardless of what type of partition it was. Try a program called getdataback.

it was some crappy toshiba recovery cd, thats probs why. ill try that prog, cheers
edit: that prog seems to be a free demo. will it work or do i need to "torrent" it?

i'd atleast give the free demo a try before looking at the other alternitive you mentioned. worse comes to worse, it doesn't work and you do need the full version.

i had to use the other method as the demo wouldnt save any files... i now have all my work back just like before... cheers raffaz!! :D ... i saw one of your posts about this program not long ago but i forgot what it was called

Glad it worked for ya man:) Its never let me down yet, and ive done alot of recoveries for people over the years:)

ok i had to stop a operation on partition magic on my desktop. it was making a partition bigger and it got to about 60% and i stopped it. stupid i know. now 2 of my partitions are buggered (i dont care about 1 of them) so im trying this same program to get back the data then i can just erase them :)

edit: will this work or is there a better way? .. i tried to merge the 2 broken partitions and now i have one 95gb one which says only 12gb is used. i see all the files from 1 partition (the one i dont care about). i told partition magic to put the in a folder called "files" during the merge. it wont let me access this folder from the new 95gb partition. :(

Oh no man, never stop anything when its in the middle of altering your partitions, i thought yoou would have learned by now.:) Your gonna have to run the program again now. I would personally slave the drive to another pc, get all the data off it and then format the drive and setup the partitions exactly how you want them

Back
Top Bottom