iv narrowed this down now....

i COULD but i dont really wanna pay that much.....im trying to stay under $200, unless you wanna "loan" me a cool $100 :)

<EDIT>i need it to play anything tho. i dont need the absoulte best, just id like it to play CS:s, hl2, pariah, doom3, area 51, unreal 2k4, games like that, id like to play them all at the highest settings, with at least a minimum of 70Fps at least 1280x768 (i think thats it) but id also settle for 1024x768. which cards under $200 could do this?

Ya the 6600gt will give you the best bang for your buck. I own one and it runs almost everything on high. Fear can't run on high and any newer games coming up probably won't be able to either.

ok sounds good, but what about a brand? anything in peticular. or does it really mater, and also what kinda memory, on the card, and what about clock speeds, what should those be?

evGA and BFG are two brands that come to mind. The clock speeds should be 500/1000. The memory will be 128MB and the interface with be 128bit. The 256MB version from XFX costs about 70 bucks more.

Back
Top Bottom