ip address to street address

ChuNalt787

In Runtime
I wasnt sure where to put this if it needs to be moved feel free to do so. I need to get a street address on someone. I have their ip adress and their host. If someone could give me a site that can do that or will do it for me if I provide the information that would be awsome. Its to help stop a potential scammer.

thx in advance

try searching google for a ip whois, I don't know of any that give you down to the street address

Chris

You can't you would have to go through the hosts to find it then they can't give it to you becuase of the Data Protection Act (1998)

ok thx guys. ill try the google one. I found a site where they wanted me to give them money and they would give me the address. idk how they would do that if there is that data protection act.

Well it's illeagl in the UK where i am. Any data must not be disclosed. I have called the phone comapany and asked them to give me a name of the person if i gave them the phone number the answer was no because of the data protection act.

Ip address changes every time you go online except if you have a static one. Which means Mr Bloggs could be using it. He logs off and Mrs Harris comes online and she could have the same IP address as he used.

Right here at... http://www.dnsstuff.com That should work. Although I have no idea why you need someones address. But if I check on the news that some kid got someones address via IP and killed them, I aint being held responsible...

well the guy sent me the wrong thing(about 800 dollars to low in value) but the return address was different than the adress that he had me send my stuff too. what makes it stranger is that the tracking number he gave me matches the one on the package. its a big mess so I just wanna figure out exactly which address is his and if he even gave me the right name so if I have to take him to court i dont take the wrong guy.

Back
Top Bottom