interesting bet :cool:

interesting bet

Iv got a little bet with my buddy. He says starting your computer up abunch of times is more harmfull to ur comp than leaving it running. I disagree. whos right? say I restarted mine 10 times in a row and he left his on for 10 days strait. whos right? lol this should be interesting :cool:

Actualy its better to keep the computer on for the whole day, then to turn it off and on 10 times in one day. But the way you put it, you're correct, leaving it on for ten days is just stupid...

Both aren't good ideas. I normally will run mine for 4 or 5 days or so but eventually i'll be kinda enough to shut it off. ANd constant restarting isn't a good idea either.

Its not a matter of simply turning it on and off.

If you leave the computer running steadily for 10 days straight, your computer gets exhausted. The standard computer is air cooled, so you leave it running for such a long time, the air inside of the box becomes hot and dry, which harms the system.

When you turn on your computer, you use more power than you would use to keep it running, which is only fractional, and does not affect much. If you turn your computer off incorrectly however, this causes some damage if a device inside your computer is expecting something, and it just stops, but not when you go through the correct reboot process.

If you were to reboot it over and over again consecutively however, you would send too much power to your power supply, and possibly fry it. if you have a cheaply made power supply, this may cause severe circuitry damage to your motherboard, sound and display cards, and your disc drives. If you have a moderately made power supply, it will most likely come with a nominal surge protector for such an instance. Which would mean only the power supply would become damaged.

Basically, Turn it off when you dont need it, turn it on when you do, you should be fine

Yeah, lol nicely said Paradox. Try to keep your computer on for a while if you use the computer a lot in a day, but turn it off if you don't need to use it as much. Putting it in Stand by mode when you're not using it, also saves some electricity.

Back
Top Bottom