Intel's new dual core ht 3.7

Snoop65

Baseband Member
I know most you on this forum love AMD, but what do you thing of Intel's new dual core hyperthreading 3.7 processor? If I understand dual core and hyperthreading correctly it should perform like four processors.

yep and its 64-bit so it could run 2x as much 32-bit apps so thats 8 32-bit aps

Yes. It sounds quite impressive. I wonder if this is the chip that will put Intel in front of AMD again. But how much will this thing cost?

Snoop65 said:
Yes. It sounds quite impressive. I wonder if this is the chip that will put Intel in front of AMD again.
haha! doubt it
AMD is so far ahead of intel right now it's not even funny

I don't think the gap is that big, but this will be interesting to watch. I also read AMD is suing Intel for bullying computer makers into using their chips and not AMD's. Intel has a 90% share of the market according to that article. Check it out in the October issue of PC World.

That it is true, but it seems that their intergrated FSB makes up for it. I prefer Intel but it is tough to argue with the bench test numbers. I think it Intel doesn't want to copy AMD's intergrated FSB approached and developing a new way to make up the performance. Doing it their own way is important for bragging rights you know. :)

Fast, strong and reliable. All the big manufacturers use Intel for a reason. I give AMD their credit for their performance, but there is something that keeps companies building around Intel.

Back
Top Bottom