Intel's latest technology..

Mal1

In Runtime
Was just reading up on recent news and came across what all this fuss has been about regarding Intel's latest offerings.

Wondered what you all made of it?
Vanderpool Technology (VT)
VIIV
More VIIV

Its gotta be a combination of the two there, the symmetrical alignment deal, along with the very corperate Intel style corny-ness of an incorrect "64" in roman numerals. - still, better than calling it the LXIV which it would have to be. And they can't have normal 64 because oh dear, AMD developed that first, shame that :D

But underneath the rivalry, if Intel really can provide the multi-desktop/OS environments as described, its one hell of a system thats gonna take some beating.

In their laboratories, a few years back Intel has a processor running at a frequency of 20Gig.
Do you think they would have put it on the market right away. They rather give it to us in increments of fractional Gigs. So today we may have a 3.2G, in 5 years a maybe 5.5 Gigs etc. During this time they will have probably have up the vegetal processor! operational...Instead of using transistors, the processor will be made of a vegetal material that reacts like a transistor but....no heat. Apparently a processor the size of a dime would have a processing speed on thousands of TeraHz. Remember the old 386 with their 128k of RAM and 40 Meg hard drive that you would never fill!

What's next; We will probably be laughing at what we are using now in ten years from now.

Intel never deliever on their promises. They may say they will release this, but a downgraded version will almost definaetely be brought out instead. And then AMD will beat it to the ground.

There was meant to be a P4 4.0Ghz coming out now, but they pulled out and scraped the plans. even though it was their main target.

Go with AMD, you can't go wrong there.

I agree we'll be lauging at ourselves ten years from now. We'll be using photons instead of electrons and polorising light to act as a switch instead of transistors, no heat there either. Typical intel, a few extra Mhz at a time, makes their profits boom at each stage of development. AMD are the true genii, no need for them to over advertise with a stupid little 'ping intel inside' gimmick that drives you up the wall, just let the quality speak for itself :)

Yeah; of course we will - I always laugh at myself when I remmember saying they've got a Ghz for 3 seconds years and years ago. My dad said it would never work because its Microwaves! Classic really... but its going to happen anyway.

Have you not seen Intel's Roadmap? Companies rarely carry out all they say they'll do - but if they carry out half of that and the 65nm Technology this will be a very differently directed Forum a year from now; and Giancarlo will be saying how brilliant AMDs are.

Back
Top Bottom