Intel Mobo

Barrett

In Runtime
As you all know by now, I have been debating whether to go with Intel or AMD for quite some time now. Thank you for being so patient! My question is a matter or which mobo you would choose between these three: MSI 875P NEO or the Abit IC-7 or Abit IC-7 MAX3. The more important question I wanted answered was, is the onboard sound with the Abit IC-7 just as good as a add-in soundcard? It claims you don't need a sound card because it has High Def 24bit audio. I know most of the time the onboard audio sucks, but this seemed different. If I didn't go with onboard I'd be getting an Audigiy 2ZS. Thank you so much for any help. (Yes I know it's faster to use an add-in sound card, depending on whether your mobo has dsp. I am debating if saving 90$ is worth a 5 percent or so drop in frame rates)

It is cause my games laged big time when i had onboard sound and i had a geforce 4 ti . and the specs bollow .

No onboard sound can match and audigy 2. If you dont want to waste 90 bucks then, http://www.adc-ast.com/index.cgi?item_num=SNDCARDPCISBAUDIGYII iis a better alternative if you dont plan to use 7.1 sound.

Also wherever you saw that onboard is faster is full of it. It is slower by 10 frames or so on high quality.

Also doesnt have EAX or anything.

Correct me if I am wrong but onboard audio takes up Cpu time. When harware, like the audigy 2, does it all itself and also produces higher sound quality. You will be able to hear footsteps behind you. Pinpoint the exact location of someone. Its a must have if you play games.

One downside of pci sound is that it introduces more errors/crashes.

Personally I don't think the onboard will be anywhere near as good as the Audigy 2ZS. I tested my onboard sound against my normal Audigy and the Audigy killed it. You need a sound card if you want good quality music/games.

Do you have an nForce2 Mobo computerfreek? If so, I've read everywhere the nForce 2 mobo integrated sound is just as good as an add in sound card. If your onboard sound suscks it's probably because you don't have an nForce 2 mobo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The nforce sound card sucks as well.

I have 2 nforce 2 boards and a nforce 1. Sound in those games suck compared to the audigy.

You get ling and noise and very hard to achieve 5.1 sound. Kills game performance. Anything else.

I am sure that nforce sound is better than intels and via's but its like riding the bus to work when you could be driving. Its will get you there, but it doesnt even come close.

So your saying it will be worth it for the soud card, I will be able to tell a difference?

Could you repost that link airox. It's not showing up. Is it supposed to be the Audigy 2. I only plan on using 5.1 sound, but I've heard 7.1 makes all the difference. If I'm not gonna use 7.1, is it a waste to get the audigy 2ZS? Thanks!

Quality not quanitity. If you can get hold of my 4.1 videologic siroccos (quite rare) then they are a fantastic option. Crisp sound quality and VERY loud (if needs be :D)

Back
Top Bottom