Intel I7 720QM Vs 820QM?

Zax1108

Baseband Member
Hello all. My question for you today is: Would an upgrade on an existing system from an Intel I7 720QM to an 820QM be worth the 210 dollars it would cost me?

I run a lot of photoshop. and 3D design programs and I do play some games every now and then.

I own an HP DV7-3085DX running a "Intel I7 720QM" I have it taken apart for cleaning right now. and while reading through the manual I noticed there is a list of CPU's the computer could be running. after further searching I found that it can be upgraded if you chose to.

Well that's were I am right now. If I should or should not chose to do so.

So let's hear it ladies and gents. will I notice a change in my computer capability should I upgrade the CPU?

I found a benchmark list for you're CPU and the one you're intending to upgrade to

Even when they are barely numbers, they indicate how efficient the CPU is.
The i7 820QM seems to be slightly faster than your actual CPU but, to be honest with you, I don't believe that the 210$ that the new CPU costs will be worth enough for you, specially when I see that you use a lot of design applications.

Also, I don't trust HP's hardware at all but this is more like a personal opinion.

I found a benchmark list for you're CPU and the one you're intending to upgrade to

Even when they are barely numbers, they indicate how efficient the CPU is.
The i7 820QM seems to be slightly faster than your actual CPU but, to be honest with you, I don't believe that the 210$ that the new CPU costs will be worth enough for you, specially when I see that you use a lot of design applications.

Also, I don't trust HP's hardware at all but this is more like a personal opinion.

Interesting.

And haha. well I'll own an HP over a dell any day. Never owned one good dell computer in my life. acer is a little better but not by much. toshiba is good. this HP has been great to me. along with the other 3 I own. And I've never tried a gateway E-m laptop and haven't tried a IMB/Lenovo laptop either. I hear alright things about Lenovo but I hear bad things about them also. And I don't want to drop 4K on an mac. so I'm pretty happy with the HP.

Though desktops the only way to go is custom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom