intel i5 4670

cdawg

In Runtime
hi I couldnt find the other thread about this so I made a new one

I have an option to but a i5 4670 cpu for $190 or I can buy an amd fx8350 cpu for $160 I already have an amd fx 8120 cpu and a asus sabertooth 990fx mobo and a GeForce gtx 970 gpu card
what I want to be able to do is play games such as gta 5 battlefield 4 and a few others and also I want to be able to stream it with out any issues I understand that I wont get 1080p while streaming but at least 720 would be acceptable and maybe a tad bit of video editing

Well you'd need to replace your mobo as well in order to use the 4670, so if you're 100% replacing your CPU then go with the FX8350. It's a badass CPU anyway and will kill any rendering/editing/gaming you might be planning on doing. the 990FX is still the best AMD chipset you can currently get.

most 8350 chips will overclock to 4.5/4.8GHz as well, and you've got a decent UEFI BIOS OC'ing motherboard there too.

Well you'd need to replace your mobo as well in order to use the 4670, so if you're 100% replacing your CPU then go with the FX8350. It's a badass CPU anyway and will kill any rendering/editing/gaming you might be planning on doing. the 990FX is still the best AMD chipset you can currently get.

most 8350 chips will overclock to 4.5/4.8GHz as well, and you've got a decent UEFI BIOS OC'ing motherboard there too.

ok thanx I knew I would have to replace the mobo if I went to the 4670 just wondering which would be a good choice
and thanx for the reply

I agree with Darkseeker. I am more of an Intel guy, but since you already have a functional motherboard to support the new CPU, go with that.

Back
Top Bottom