Intel Core 2 Duo vs. Intel Dual Core

JRoc0116

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and I was just wondering what would be the ideal cpu to get. I tried lurking through the forums but I couldn't find anything on the two. This is my second computer build and I got lucky on the first one about 5 years ago so I want to make sure I get this one right. I'm on kind of a strict budget (broke college student) however I am willing to eat Ramen noodles for a couple weeks if I must. This computer is going to be strictly for gaming however I don't need to have the latest and the greatest, just something that will look good,work well and work long.

What I really wanted to know is the difference of the Core 2 Duo and the Dual Core? As of right now I don't have a mother board picked out because I don't know which processor I'm getting. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Give us the budget. Making a good gaming computer doesn't cost that much.

As for the processor, go with the e6600.

Now, give us a budget.

Yes, the e6600 is the way to go.

Since you are building a gaming computer here, I would suggest an e6600, 2GB Ram, and a 8600.

You can put it all on this mobo.

Well, first off I would definitely go with an intel processor. At this point they beat out AMD's. My inspiron has core duo, and my XPS has core 2 duo, both are great processors. The centrino core 2 duo on my xps has a 2.16 ghz clock speed, and is performance rated at 5.5+ ghz. If you go with an intel core 2 duo(the e6600 is nice), it will be money well spent. Even at a low clock speed, such as 1.8 ghz, a C2D will be plenty fast.

Back
Top Bottom