Integrated 7.1 Sound Help

Jake-

In Runtime
Ok, first of i have the Asus P8Z68-V Motherboard, with the intergrated 7.1

I have a cable from Green (speakers) port sperating to RCA (Phono) into an Amp into two 60w speakers, now; i want to take advantage of the other empty ports (other that sub woofer as i dont have one).

Im wondering Does the {Back Pair} {Side Pair} {Center (Not Sub)} Ports have enough power to separate them into female RCA and connect 5x 10w 4Ω and for them to work, not loud just work?

See attached file for proposal, you see im not going to inturupt the feed with any enhancements or amplifiers etc.

I just dont wanna waste my money on the wires and it still doesnt work :(

Thank you.

Attachments

• iwonder.gif
    iwonder.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
The output is what's called line level. Just enough to push a signal to an amp. Not enough to even push a set of headphones let alone a set of speakers.

The output is what's called line level. Just enough to push a signal to an amp. Not enough to even push a set of headphones let alone a set of speakers.

but you can run headphones from them? otherwise how does millions of people use them?

and is there a way of boosting the sound with some batteries? homemade mini-amp?

Thanks

Last edited:
but you can run headphones from them? otherwise how does millions of people use them?

and is there a way of boosting the sound with some batteries? homemade mini-amp?

Thanks

You could use a headphone amp.

Good idea, but the cheapest i can find is £6.50 and i need 5 :( too much money really.
Looking to do it on the cheap :/
Thanks for the input :)

Good idea, but the cheapest i can find is £6.50 and i need 5 :( too much money really.
Looking to do it on the cheap :/
Thanks for the input :)

They have headphone amps with multiple outputs. Did you need multiple inputs as well?

Yh, preferably 5/6 inputs of RCA or 3.5mm Jack, and again outward.

If you refer to my picture attached to first post, i have the outputs on the back of my PC, and i have 5 10w 4Ω speakers.
I want to create a virtual environment, but not a loud one.

Each speaker has a MALE RCA (Phono) connection.

My original theory was just to run a 3.5 (from computer) to female Phono's and hook in the speakers, there not powerful speakers :/

If you know of some products, that match what i need please tell, if i try to type this into google / ebay / amazon, everything wrong comes up xD

Thanks

While you are right, headphones are driven by very little power, usually between 30 and 100 milliwatts, depending on the device. Something line level is capable of delivering.

To answer your question Jake, what you are describing should work without issue. I'm pretty sure that there are 7.1 channel computer speaker systems on the market that hook up similarly to how you describe.

Looks Good, about £50 in the UK, not an immediate thing if i where to get that, however i would rather buy this instead of £35-40 on 5 of them headphone amps, i like all in one units. Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom