Instability, Crashing, and more Instability

G9

Daemon Poster
problem6tx.png

I forgot to add WinPatrol in there...

I'm really considering backing my files up on an external hdd, and using the AlienRespawn (Norton Ghost, provided by Alienware) kit to restore my rig to factory settings. However, I'm really reluctant to do so because it'll be so much trouble to go through...

Yeah, you could do that... Or a system restore maybe.

You have a lot of security apps on your computer, maybe too many. I have 5 at the max, one of which (Spyware Blaster) I close once startup is completed.

You have 75 Processes running at once? I have like 30-35 at the absolute maximum.

gaming_freak said:
75 is wayyyyyy to much, go into msconfig and take some of the startup programs off asap

I agree. Leave only Windows apps, all security files for antivirus/firewall/anti-spyware, driver files, and any programs you require to start automatically.

joxley1990 said:
I have 42, and mine runs fine, all 42 processes, I need. What are your specs G9?
Wait... thing is about msconfig, I don't know which to delete, etc...

I have a dual 3.4ghz Xeon (non-dual core) with 2GB RAM.

G9 said:
Wait... thing is about msconfig, I don't know which to delete, etc...

I have a dual 3.4ghz Xeon (non-dual core) with 2GB RAM.

If your not sure google the process and you'll be able to find out what it does.

Might get a little bit tidious, but it's really the only way to tell what you need and what you dont if you dont recognize it.

I haven't even toned down my msconfig like I say to do (I sometimes try to practice what I preach, but sometimes don't) and I have, well, 63. Maybe I should pay msconfig a visit. I need to do some work. I tell you all this prebuilt junk software they put on these computers nowadays, it's amazing. And they wonder why the computers run like crap! :(

Edit>>> I toned it down to 33 now. It's amazing how much junk booted that I didn't need. After seeing that, I would recommend msconfig, even for a custom PC.

Back
Top Bottom