inspiron 1520

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I have a dell inspiron 1520 and when i boot it up after the os loading screen is a black screen with the cursor in the middle. Could this be a hard drive problem because the hard drive short test failed

I have a dell inspiron 1520 and when i boot it up after the os loading screen is a black screen with the cursor in the middle. Could this be a hard drive problem because the hard drive short test failed

Sure sounds like a HDD problem so far...

could it be a major virus and safe mode doesn't work.

how would i boot to the cd drive cause im trying to make a backup but hirens boot cd wont start

could it be a major virus and safe mode doesn't work.

how would i boot to the cd drive cause im trying to make a backup but hirens boot cd wont start
Usually when starting your computer will will see an option to select alternative boot. On my PC it's F11. You can also try going into the bios and change the boot order so that the CD drive is before the hard drive.

How did you burn the CD? Did you use an ISO burning utility?

I recommend you get ISO Recorder if you don't already have the proper tools. It's free. Just install it and then right click on the ISO file that you wish to burn and tell it to "Copy Image to CD".

Back
Top Bottom