Including Registration Forms on a Website

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
I had a potential client inquire about a website for her church today. It's just a basic informative site for it, but they would like to have a way to let parents/teens register for events and such. I was wondering how much is involved in this. I only know HTML, but am willing to learn a bit. Would this involve SQL or a database or something? ...most importantly, would it be very difficult?

It's software related and no one hardly frequents the web programming board anyways. If the mods want to move it, that's fine. I should have included that I have CS3...that along with notepad for standard HTML stuff.

this is the wrong board, but I'll leave it here anyway.
you'd have had responses if you posted here http://www.computerforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8

anyway, you only need a database if you plan to store things on the server,
so a form to email things to you doesn't need a database.

that said you can create comments pages that don't need a database as well.

however, if you;re emailing things then you;re relying on someone being on the other end checking the emails and actually writing names down.
same with if you have a form that'll just create a text page on the server. someone will have to check this...

if you use a database you;d be able to store and retrieve the information online, so this may be the best way to go, though will be technically more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom