Image using acronis true image 2009 question

Celticsfan

Banned
I have re-installed my XP computer and have access to the internet again, thank god. What I need to do now is use my restore of the image I created on Sunday. I have not put on any service packs or hot fixes or any updates to my PC yet. The question I have for you is do I need to do all of those things before I restore my computer using the image or can I just do it as my PC is now?

thx

Since Acronis creates an exact image of the hard drive you can go ahead and restore from the image as long as it contains an image with all the service packs and hot fixes.

Since Acronis creates an exact image of the hard drive you can go ahead and restore from the image as long as it contains an image with all the service packs and hot fixes.

Hi have you ever used acronis? if so, can you answer some questions for me please?

thx

I have XP on the drive I am going to use the image on already. I have a stupid question even though I know the answer but I am going to ask anyway. Here is where I am at. It says

It lists disk 2
"select content for restoration"
I put a check next to NTFS (C)
I put a check next to MBR and track 0
then click next.

Then it says "select destination of disk 2" select one option"
disk 1 External USB with disk image on it
disk 2 internal sata (C: )

I know this is a very stupid question and I am being a wimp but I select disk 2 at this point, correct? I just want a second yes from someone on this. Yes, I know dumb question. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom