I'm considering building this computer...Suggestions?

dmarciano

Baseband Member
Below is what I'm planning for the new computer I'm going to build over the next 6 months. Unfortunately I can't afford to build it all at once :mad:. Anyway I thought I'd try and get some feedback if anyone has had any experience with any of these parts or know any other parts that might work better. Just some quick notes:

1) I wan't to go with a SSD only for the OS for faster boot-times and shut-downs.
2) Any processor I go with will be a 1366 Socket because I believe Intel's new processor line coming out in a year or two (Hexa-cores) will be that same socket so upgrading will be easier.
3) I'm an Intel guy...no AMD :D
4) Eventually I plan on going with a Dual-SLI with the GTX 295's and the power supply (although quite pricey) is NVidia certified for Dual GTA 295's
5) I chose Windows 7 because it will be out by the time I finish building the computer, I'm someone who actually loves Vista (never had a problem or a crash is the years I've been using it), and from my understanding it has better support for SSDs.

Motherboard: MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66Ghz 1366 130W Quad-Core
Cooler: Cooler Master V8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Memory: OCZ Platinum 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
HDD: OCZ Vertex Seris 2.5" 60 GB SATA II MLC SSD (Only for OS)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Power Supply: Silverstone ST1200 1200
Monitor: Acer 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD B2333HUbmidhz

I have no comments or suggestions other than that's a great build and I wish I could get something that nice. I hope it works well for ya. :)

O wow.
If you are buying such an extreme video card, you better make use of it. Either get like a suer hi-res monitor or get 2 of them, no less than 1920x1080.

Other than that, it looks amazing.

The monitor I listed has the following specs:

Resolution: 2048 x 1152
Pixel Pitch: 0.265mm
Colors: 16.7 million
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Contrast: 40000:1 (ACM)
Response: 5ms
Horizontal Refresh: 62.5KHz - 73.5KHz
Vertical Refresh: 53Hz - 62Hz

Also the video card has 1 HDMI and 2 DVI. I figured I will do what I do with my computer now; hook it up to my 42" Plasma. :D

Unfortunely 23" is about as big as I can go on my computer desk and I have no room for a bigger desk. If I had the room I would be definitely try to do a dual-monitor set-up with two of those monitors.

Unfortunely 23" is about as big as I can go on my computer desk and I have no room for a bigger desk. If I had the room I would be definitely try to do a dual-monitor set-up with two of those monitors.

Don't worry, that monitor is fine. foothead simply needs to stop focusing on size alone.

I know it's fine but I would love to have a bigger one. I don't know...if just makes me feel more immersed in games and such...

Back
Top Bottom