iexplore.exe question?

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i have had a couple of occasions where my p.c has hit a big slow down in performance.
on these occasions i look in the task manager and find that iexplore.exe is using 95 on cpu usage!
now this morning i have into my firewall and denyd access to the internet for everything. i then tried to access the internet to see what asked for permission. iexplore asked for permission 4 times! is that correct?
when i inspected the task manager, i can see iexplore.exe is there twice!
i think something is not quite rite here.
any advice would be welcome.
i have a moerate to low knowledge of computers so if you can keep the advice to a basic level that would help.
woz

Hey woz, I think there was just a post like this not long ago. When you look in the task manager, are you running memory/cpu-intensive tasks in IE or do you have alot of IE windows open?

yeh, it was my post last week. i thought i had overcome the problem, but it has reared its ugly head again. it might be a memory problem. i have just ordered 1gb pc3200 of corsair mememory. i will see what difference it makes. the fact that iexplore.exe appears twice in my task manager troubles me imensely. i disabled my p4 ht tech in the mobo, which may be the reason it has behaved for the last week. yesterday i enabled it again and i seem to be experiencing probs again.
i will definately go for a amd chip on my next build.
thanks for any replies, all are welcome.
woz

iexplore.exe is a process also relating to the Avant Internet Browser, a free plugin for Internet Explorer which offers additional features. Note: iexplore.exe is also registered as the Trojan.KillAV.B virus, which systematically attempts to disable your AntiVirus
If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection!

i have zone alarm and avg as my anti virus and firewall. as well as other ones.
what would i run a search for to locate the files and inspect them?
woz

i have just ran a search for iexplore.exe. it found three occurances.
1) c:\programe files\internet explorer. 91kb application

2)IEXPLORE.EXE-27122324PF C;\WINDOWS\Prefetch 97kb pf file

3) iexplore c;\windows\servicepackfies\i... 91kb application

woz

have you tried a different browser maybe it's a computer flaw...it could be i don't know sorry just trying to act smart haha

yeah anything to check if it's the browser or a setting on your computer or something set as a default.

Back
Top Bottom