I want a mac!

theprodigy8964

Baseband Member
Ok. I am considering buying a mac, because microsoft is dead. I know that there are many pros and cons to this, and I was wondering if you guys could let me in on the secret. I have several specific questions and they follow, but if you have anything else to add, please do.

1. Why should/ shouldn't I go to mac?

2. Are macs upgradeable like pc's are, hardware wise?

3. I hear apple is gonna pair up with intel. Should I wait until this happen?

Ok. So I will wait until apple pairs with intel. That will probably happen when apple comes out with their new os 'Leopard'. That would be convenient.

answer to question 2 is, (or i beleive) is yes, but its much easier for PC since there are simply many more parts manufactured for pc's. Upgrading a pc is 12.5 times easier then a mac.

My opinion on Question 1:

You should go with mac if you plan to mainly do professional stuff on it. IE: Office software, or graphics design, multimedia, that kinda stuff.

You shouldn't go with mac, because with the right hardware, a pc can do the same stuff, just as good, for cheaper. And it will play more games better.

Personally, I am tired of windows and their crap. I don't want this. Tiger I hear is solid as heck, and a great os.

Haven't tried tiger, if your switching just for the OS you MAY want to wait for the release of longhorn, if you can wait.

Sullivan said:
Longhorn promises to be "dramatically different" than current Windows versions and will include a new user interface and new shell.

What do you want to do with the computer?

Longhorn is a piece of shi^. Microsoft can't have a press conference without announcing that some features will be cut. Microsofit is on the downfall.

I want reasons TO buy a mac. :0

theprodigy8964 said:
Longhorn is a piece of shi^. Microsoft can't have a press conference without announcing that some features will be cut. Microsofit is on the downfall.

I want reasons TO buy a mac. :0

and you know this because you have the supernatural ability to know what the final version of longhorn will be like :p. Im sorry, but when microsoft cuts the macintosh share of the market in half (from 2% to 1% :p ), in the last couple of quarters, i dont see microsoft as being on the downfall.

Microsoft is an all being computer god that will continue to dominate the computer world for quite some time wether we like it or not. And why? Because its good. It works. Thats it. Meow. And i fricken love that mac commercial thing :D. I was looking for that.

Macs aren't bad, but it doesn't seem like your going to be using the mac for its intended purpose, multimedia, and that kind of stuff. O yah and another thing that macs are designed for is networking. But thats about it, and there are pc's that can do that just as good.

And also, just because you use a pc, doesn't mean you have to use windows. *Cough* Linux *Cough*
------

And since im such a good person, I will answer your requests for reasons to buy a mac:

1. You do moderate to intensive graphics, or 3d modelling
2. You do moderate to intensive rendering
3. You do frequent to intensive video editing/multimedia work.
4. You need your computer to easily connect to a network
5. You don't play computer games
6. You don't need a wide variety of software (theres not as much software for macs nearly as there is for pc's. mainly graphics, modelling, and multimedia software).
7. You just need that look of a mac os and the case. (I personally dont like it, but a lot of people do)

lhuser said:
I can answer to #3...yes. IBM CPUs are awful

They're not that bad. The Cell Processor (which is more powerful than any CPU in the market, and will possibly hold that throne for couple or more years) is co-developed by IBM and Toshiba.

Back
Top Bottom