I need some Antivirus recomendations

w0lv3r1ne

Solid State Member
Well i used norton for about the last 3 years before switching to nod32. I like nod because is uses less system resources than norton did. Except since getting nod, i have gotten numerous virus on my system. I was almost virus free with norton.

It seams like nod32 is great at detecting viruses but it is not the best at removing them or blocking them. Norton on the other hand is the opposite and is great for blocking viruses once they are on your system. nod32 is small and sleep and norton is big and bulky.

Is there any program that is the best of both worlds?

Ive heard good thinsg about Kaspersky. Can anyone comment on this?

i tried the trial version of kaspersky yesterday. it sucksssss imho. i ran one virus scan, it took 2 hours 30 minutes, and then my '30 day free trial' expired after that single scan. then it wouldn't let me exit out of it or remove it from my computer, i eventually had to system restore in order to get rid of it. it might just be the trial version that is glitchy like that, but i was not impressed enough to go out and buy it. not at all.

AVG or Avast seem to be good. AVG has a free version too, which saves you money.

i run nod32.... i haven't had any problems with it....i just be careful what i do online.... and i don't use p2p either...lol.... torrents are better

Back
Top Bottom