I Need Help Choosing a Mobo

I would go for an Asus P5B, but im probably biased coz im an Asus fan lol:)

yep im asus fan aswell and i would also say the P5B.

i have good reason to be an asus fan there boards are very reliable well priced

Out of those boards, do go with the P5B. Assus has it all, warranty, price, and a great support.

However, I will always take the Evga 680i over the P5B, first for the great SLi, and second for the warranty that covers damage by OC'ing.

Alright thanks allot for the input guys.

I also forgot to mention a board from the new P5K series, the Asus P5K Socket 775 Intel P35.

This board is at the top of my budget $~150 CAD. Is it worth the extra $$ over the P5B?

Also how easy is it to flash a BIOS? Because almost all of these boards I've read about require a BIOS flash to get proper performance.

Asus P5K Socket 775 Intel P35

id deff go evga 680i bored
great stability and eventualy u might want to over
clock your core 2 duo to 3 ghz so
ull want this bored deff

Yeah, that is what I said. However he did not offer it as an option, he only gave the 650i board which isn't great.

The problem is that I live in Canada so I can't order from Newegg and the likes. I buy my parts mainly from a local store. The only 680i chipset boards offered there are the NF68's. Which are out of my price range.

I don't expect to be doing too much overclocking, especially not when I get the system. Instead I will start overclocking when I will need more speed. So in any case, i could later upgrade to a much better board.

Ideally, I need a board around ~$150 CAD that can run stable and has had good reviews. Why is it so hard to choose a board for me:confused: :confused:

My system specs are:
C2D E6600, Zalman 9700 heatsink/fan
Antec TRUEPOWER TRIO 550W PSU
X1950 Pro (It was between this and the 7900 GS for me)
OCZ 2GB Dual Channel Kit 800MHz

So you can see that I won't need a SUPER high end motherboard. More maintstream for me. I would like to stick with ASUS as well, as I've havn't had any problems with them before. But i'm not very up to date with the new 775 motherboards and would like you guys to reccomend one for me.

Yeah, get the ASUS P5B. For a non-overclocker with those specs, it is a great board. From what I heard, their quality is unbeatable and so is their customer support.

Yeah, get the ASUS P5B. For a non-overclocker with those specs, it is a great board. From what I heard, their quality is unbeatable and so is their customer support.

Thanks allot. I've heard good things about the P5B. Although I read that the first thing I should do is flash the BIOS to a newer version. I hope this board won't fail on me:eek:

Back
Top Bottom