I need help!!!

nathan1019181

Beta member
ASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Seasonic SS-560KM Active PFC F3, 560W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91, 80Plus Gold Certified, Modular Power Supply
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
ASUS EAH6850 DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP
stock cd drive
so my friend built it for me and it was working great at first, but all of the sudden it just shuts down. now when i try to turn it on it would just shut down on me. i noticed that power is still going through the computer after it shuts down (not a blue screen, just straight up shuts down) i noticed that because my mouse was still lit and i can hear the computer. i would then flip the switch, wait for the mouse to turn off, flip it again, power it on, and mabe if im lucky it would turn on for 30 seconds before crashing again. it is very frustrating and i DESPERATLY need help. so please, any ideas?

is it when you try to enter windows?
are you able to enter the bios?
is the harddrive from another computer or is it a fresh install of windows?

Do you have another power supply you can swap with for testing purposes? There are a number of things that can cause similar symptoms to the ones you described. The power supply is a good starting point. If a known good power supply is installed and you have the same symptoms, then you might want to turn your attention to the motherboard. Try a CMOS reset first, sometimes you can get lucky. Try these things and let us know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom