I have a stupid question

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
I'm sure some of you read my post a while back about reformatting my drive..Booting through CDROM, and then go through the XP Setup, Well thats been pissing me off.

So heres my stupid question, Can I Just put this Harddrive into another computer and Format it then.. The other comp is running ME as the OS though.

AmericanSensei

That would work, easy. Just hook up the hard drive as a slave in the other comp, and format. Done and done.

ooooo use partition magic! it rox soooo much. if u dont have it thats fine but im tellin u it is just so very sexy.

Just an Update. I chose to go Wombats route of advice one more time, and what do you know, FLAWLESS format and reinstallation of everything.

Thanks alot guys.

AmericanSensei

AmericanSensei said:
Just an Update. I chose to go Wombats route of advice one more time, and what do you know, FLAWLESS format and reinstallation of everything.

Thanks alot guys.

AmericanSensei

ok glad you fixed your computer and thanks for letting us know

Ok So now my sounds dead. :mad: :mad: :mad: Any ideas? Tried to update the drivers but still nothing. Worked fine before the format.

When I go to the Control Panels Audio tab for Sound control all the options are "Shut down" if you will. All faded, and nothings changeable I guess you could say.

AmericanSensei

do you have a sound card or is it integrated to your mobo. In slaving the drive you may have loosened the sound card in the slot. turn your system off and remove it and reseat it firmly back in.

Back
Top Bottom