I have a Problem With Internet Explorer

drboynel

Solid State Member
I dont know what version i have and i dont know what the problem is.. My computer is fast and its new..bought it this year..But now everytime i use Internet Explorer...It freezes stops working ..and sometimes i get an error that sais run time error..ect Can som1 help me fix this problem because I Hate using FireFox And i have to much information so i cant reinstall Windows

Thankx

No i dotn think it agve me a number but to the second poster..that stuff is really confusing i guess im screwed. Im not a little kid but im still a kid need a little more help on this would be gladly appreciated thankx

Firefox isn't so bad...
Anyway, I think there's an option somewhere in Windows that lets you install the stuff like the Games, solitaire, minesweeper, etc. and I think it might be in that menu. You can uninstall it and reinstall it. I'm pretty sure the installer is packaged in the hard drive somewhere but you may want to have your CD on you just in case.

I just found it, it's in Add/Remove Programs and then Add/Remove Windows components. I removed one once and got it back, but you may want to hold off until someone can confirm this.

If ya on about the windows component installer its in add/remove programs and then under windows components

I think what i have a virus..because the way i got it was that i went to some website then right when i went to it my Internet Explorer Froze then i tryed to take it off then it took long..finally came off i tryed to put Internet Explorer again the Runtime error came up.

do a virus scan then, im assuming ya have a virus scanner. Runtime errors can be caused by viruses. Best to run ya virus scanner in safe mode, press F8 at startup until safemode screen appears.

oo so go into safe mode then use my nortin anti virus do i scan my whole computer or do a quick scan? and ut hink ti will detect it? and if i delete it will my IE work?

I just like to say Thankx for you guys taking the time in helping me in my time of need.

do the full scan to be safe. i doubt if it finds a virus taht IE will be taken out with it. However if it does you can reinstall it with your windows disk.

to do so start up windows
put in your windows disk/recovery CD (i'm hoping you have one)
open control pannel
click add/remove programs
click the icon for add/remove Windows Components

if the box next to IE is checked, uncheck it to fully uninstall it. (a restart may be required)

to reinstall IE, use the same method jsut make sure the box is checked

P.S. I'm having you fully uninstall IE to make sure that anythign that could be left behind by norton is taken off before re-doing your ie, jsut as a safty precaution.

Back
Top Bottom