I have no sound on cd/dvd

steveandbelinda

Solid State Member
I have a audio problem. I can get sound from the internet, or from playing a sound file from my hd. But if I put in a cd/dvd in either one of my drives, I get no sound. All settings seem to be okay. Digital Playback is enabled for each drive, and the seem to be no erorrs in device manager. I had the neighbor check it yesterday. He is a computer whiz, and he was stumped. He advised me to check with one of the forums to see if someone else had an idea what it might be.

Uninstall the driver for your cd-drive and reinstall it, by using Device Manager. (Right click my computer in the start menu, and click on hardware, device manager.)

Sorry I can't help, I just thought I'd tell you for future reference that you're only allowed to post a thread once, not in multiple places (General Computer Hardware And Software and Social Lounge). But anyway, welcome to CF! :D

If I go to unistall it, I'm afraid it will erase it, and I won't have nothing to replace it with. I click on up date, and it tries searching for an update, but it searches for it on the A-drive

Sound card is onboard. I just took one drive and unistalled the driver and restarted the computer. I had sound in that drive, so I tried it on the other drive and still had no sound on the 2nd one. So I unistalled the driver on the 2nd drive and restarted the computer again. Showed new hardware on the comp., but now there is no sound on either one again. Uninstalled both drivers again and restarted computer, but still no sound on either one.

Back
Top Bottom